Followers

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Flip Flops..Tank Tops :D cont*

*summer's here...
impossible to bear..

Hello from the oozing lava :P

If I sound like a music maniac..don't be surprised..
I have been watching musical oldies like Sound of music, Annie and My Fair Lady.. relentlessly ! 
Although the heat is unbearable..my spirits of creativity are high!
What do I have on my platter to share ??
A cute card :P which was a spur of the moment creation :) and I love those random spurs because I am generally pretty dormant. 
Anyway what you see below is a pair of cotton boat footsies I got from Hong Kong, an epoch ago ..I found them a week back lying in a carton.
why are they relevant here ?
Well do you see the paper insert ..I altered them into a flipsy flopsy cutesy wootsy card.. :D
 

I am quite happy with the way it turned out. I could visualise it in my mind :)
Anyway I have loads of elements to share with you on this card ..but what is most noticeable is the fact that I made it especially for the Lulupu Stamping Challenge and this is quite unlike me..I don't make things based on challenges. 
Well there's a reason for this change...when lulupu was not lulupu..and was crafting queen..I got my very first set of craft supplies from Karuna :) which were a whole lot. 
The stamps I have used here are from that first set of stamps I got... :)
So its sheer nostalgia of my baby steps that made me do it.
Over to the card..
 The flower is hand designed, hand drawn, hand cut and the sheen is courtesy the glimmer misting. 



 Need a tutorial on the flower..let me know .. :) I will upload a video tute for you :)..I wanted the flower to look a bit Hawaiian..its close..I gather.
The green flourish you see below the flower is hand designed, hand drawn, hand cut and stickled with distress stickles. Below that is a flourish with rhinestones which I always design myself.


I have this really gorgeous and stiff canvas like 1" ribbon which I used from straps. I used coffee colour brads to set it and a huge coffee brad at the centre which also joins the two pieces of cardstock together. Wish you could see the neat centre of the straps.
The paper is stamped with the kaisercraft stamp set I purchased from Karuna....I don't remember the name though. Anyway will update you on that. Found it..*FLORA AND FAUNA*
Distressed the paper before and after embossing it with clear embossing powder.


Yes..the flip has a flop .. :P 
How could you ever think that I will forget the other.  
Again the sentiment is kaisercraft stamp set from that purchase (name forgotten) everything to do with friendship I guess. *Oh yeah..its FRIENDS*
 :D
So the flip has to slide in a circular manner on top of flop, just like the hands of a clock. 
For want of something similar to a brand/price tag ..I put a tiny tag with a yellow twine.


I don't know if the stamp set would qualify as being bought from lulupu or not since, there wasn't a lone lulupooh then..obviously it was in the making :P..
Anyway ..hope you guys like my flip flop card. 
As usual ..hungry for your feedback and encouraging comments :)
found two more challenges to enter ..

Totally Gorjuss - Yellow 
Kraftin Kimmie Stamps - Summer fun 
Pan Pastel UK Challenge - Anything Goes 

18 comments:

  1. OH my God!! This is gorgeous!!! I absolutely love how the card is shaped and it is decorated beautifully!! Glad you played along at Lulupu!! :)

    Nikita..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this must be the cutest flip flop ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh!!! this is so beautiful wish i had these flip flops in real life!! Those colors and design is simply fabulous!!!and what can i say about the flower its so so beautiful!!trust you to come up with something this unique!!! as always i am so impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're so creative and talented :) the flip flops really cute and sweet

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is unique....loved yr flwr & tutorial plz:)loved the way u had done embossing and distressing,Though I dont know much about these techniques :(.
    But I have never seen this beauty before:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing.. what a great idea! I really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Now that is wicked creative! I love it and the colors really rock my boat, LOL! TFS!
    Hugs,
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my oh my !!!! a g8 superrrr impressive project ! u are getting better and better kalindi !!
    Love u !

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's the QUALITY a FLIP FLOP card has to have.. Amazingly NEAT & CRISP with a dash of well balanced elements thrown in... WOW!

    I have seen horrendous creations where the creator expects it to receive A NATIONAL AWARD... Well they are the losers & no one else... :(

    Ash.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kalindi! am touched... and yes i remember you coming a long way to pick up your stuff! Thanks for the memories.... its a big thanks to you and many others that i took a giant leap to create Lulupu.com!

    And for the flip flop.... well i am totally flipped! its perfect! the stamping really shows thru n yes we need a tute for he bloom ;)

    thanks for playing along the monthly challenge at lulupu.bllogspot.in!

    Love
    Karuna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neat idea and I love the flower, gorgeous! Really impressed with your handmade flourish too! Thanks for playing along with us at Kraftin Kimmies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning card..every element blends each other so well..superb creation kalindi..do upload a tute on flower..your every creation is always great but this one is my favorite..Love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a pretty project but I can't seem to find your link to PanPastel uk for your entry to count there must be a link.

    Kerry DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG.This is jawdroppingly gorgeous.I know I am getting repetitive ...but can't think of any other suitable adjective befitting this card.Everything is flawless about this creation.the stamping.The shape ,the gorgeous handmade flower)( you must provide a tute) and the elements.I feel proud of you.You have grown leaps and bounds in crafting...to the point that with each creation you are outdoing yourself.Keep it up.
    P.S.- I had written a long and different comment but while posting it the power went off.I used a photon to publish this one but forgot most of the content.But had to do it just now...dunno how I missed this beautiful card earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute card! Love this idea and definitely suits our summer challenge at KKS! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Khalindi used the gorgeous rose sticker you sent me---the texture is amazing my photo could not capture its beauty well but do have a look:http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.in/2012/06/book-shaped-card-tutorial-and-template.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow pretty gorgeous. LOve this. Like the pretty beautiful flower too.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you for going through my blog .. :)
I read all the comments ... :D I love all of them...
Thank you so much for taking the time and writing what you feel ... :)